Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Best vs. Worst Job

I currently work at Nevada Treasure RV Resort is the one of the best jobs I have ever had so far. I work for the Executive Chef, Mark. I am an on call banquet server. Meaning I don’t have steady hours, whenever they need is when they call me. It is the best job I have had so far because the atmosphere is very friendly but also work ordinated. You are accepted to do your job efficiently and accordingly. The people I work with are a very diverse group. Because we are an RV Resort we get many kind of people from all over. Its amazing to hear the stories they tell and how inspiriting they are. The resort also has a very homelike feel to it. It’s American style cooking. Which means semi big portions. The Chef I work also allows a room for your own creativity to bloom. He always open to hearing knew ideas, but does not make any promises about your item being apart of their menu. It is a very fun, laid back, kind of place to work. I also do private dinner services with a Chef instructor here at school, Chef Claude. Whenever he has a private dinner, I come and do the services portion. He does the cooking; I do the servicing and cleaning. This job is amazing too because it allows me to see a different type of lifestyle. I can also do some networking while I am there and meet people from different cultures. It forces me to be up front and center where everyone can see me. I love it! The worst job I have ever had to date was when I was working for the Grill Room at Mountain Falls. This is a corporate company. They main concern is the golf course and the homes. It started off great, but then the Executive Chef, Susan, got a better job offer and took it. Chef Susan interviewed and later hired Chef Joe. Chef Joe was a phenomenal Chef, he knew his stuff. Within a month of being hired Chef started to make all kinds of changes to menu, to the staff, and to the way things were done in the kitchen. He had come from Tao, and he wanted to elevate the Grill Room to the Tao expectation, but our cliental was completely different. We served the more seasoned generation of people, and they like their meals the way they are used too. Chef came in and started making all of these changes and lost a good chunk of the customer. He was also very temperamental, and it was his way or the high way. He wouldn’t hesitate to cuss at you, throw things at you, or even threaten your job. This was the first job I ever quit..   

No comments:

Post a Comment